Monday, April 10, 2006

Asking For An NYPD Beatdown

As kick-ass cool as this camera mount looks, let's be real folks. In this age of post-9/11 paranoia, who would be DUMB enough to use this?

Seriously, I can see the situation now. I bring my camera out to Central Park and think how fantastic it would be to get a long-range shot of those kids playing on the swings. I pull out my brand-spanking new, Russian-made Zenit-brand camera mount and line up a shot.

I hear a woman start screaming, but hey - it ain't my business, I'm just taking pictures. Right?

I figure I'll feel the impact of the bullets just a second or two before I hear the gunfire. This is New York, the words "Police, freeze, put the gun down" generally come AFTER the shots have been fired. When the cameras come, they'll be all "Well I saw he was lined up for his shot, I really didn't have time to think about asking him to surrender his weapon."

As I lay there in my hospital bed, tubes sticking out of every new orifice NYPD just gave me, I'll be thinking:

"I hope those pictures came out great!"

No comments: