Thursday, May 01, 2008

Dorkgasm: These ARE The Droids I'm Looking For

Hello. My name is Eric.

And I'm a Star Wars Dork.

We won't go into the specifics of my addiction; suffice to say, I manage to hide it fairly well. Until products like this appear on the market, and the drool starts to form on its own:

This, true believers, is an R2-D2 Digital Audio and Video Projector. If ever you are trying to escape the clutches of the Dark Lord of the Sith and his Imperial Forces, this replica droid will project your image - or, conversely, the image of any DVD you choose to insert into its housing - onto a 260sq ft screen. And gods help you, if that first movie you insert isn't Star Wars: the original trilogy.

This is a fully articulated, completely mobile droid/projector. It moves remotely using the remote and treads, and its head swivels on command. All of the lights, beeps and whistles you expect to hear from our Friendly Neighborhood Astromech Droid are on board for your amusement and pleasure.


R2 here comes loaded with the following stats:
Picture by DLP from Texas Instruments
Project to ceilings and walls up to a 260-inch picture
Resolution: 1024x768
Contrast Ratio: 1800:1
Lumens: 1500
Built-in CD/DVD player. Also plays MP3/MP4 video
iPod docking station, memory card and USB slots
Built-in 20 watt stereo speaker system
FM wireless audio out (channels 1 through 7)
Full-function: forward, reverse turn 360 degrees and recline
Millennium Falcon remote control with removable stand
Head turns using Millennium Falcon remote control
Plays the most popular R2-D2 sound effects

Wait. Can we back up a second? "Millenium Falcon remote control"?

Gods help me, I think i just came in my pants.

I have now decided. My Ziggarut home theater system must have this, despite its $3000 price tag (however, given that I can't afford the ziggarut I don't see a problem spending the additional fictional dollars). And the theater design MUST look like the Mos Eisley cantina.

Oh god, oh god. It's happening again. Anyone have any tissues?

No comments: