Thursday, October 28, 2004

What About The Iraqi Citizens?

October 28, 2004 - Thursday

What about the Iraqi Citizens?

You probably read that header and thought "WTF?" And you'd be right to do so, cuz that was exactly my reaction!

This crisp, cold October morning I left my house for work and, while walking through the park to the subway, saw a sign I'd seen all week announcing the upcoming neighborhood Halloween Party for this Sunday, with candy and fun for all. Nice big sign, I'm sure all the kiddies can't wait.

But this particular morning I saw an 8-1/2x11" rectangle of paper taped smack dab in the middle, with writing on it I couldn't make out from across the street. I don't know what made me cross, but I did and this is what I read:

"What about the Iraqi Citizens? Where's their candy?"

Cue to: WTF?!?!?!?

What is wrong with people? Was that necessary? It's a goddamned sign for a neighborhood-organized, kids halloween party in the park! What the HELL does that have to do with Iraq, this moronic war, and/or our idiotic President-elect?

I was pissed, I mean royally pissed! I tore that stupid paper off the sign and happily crumpled it into a ball, tossing it into the nearest garbage can. I don't know who put the sign up, but don't let me catch your stupid ass doing it again! I swear, I'll duct-tape you to the fence and let you rot all night while you think about how absolutely pointless it was to mess up someone else's fun!

*Sigh*

Okay, rant over. That's out of my system now, I can relax.

No comments: