Thursday, September 28, 2006

StreetWars: Day Four - Bang I'm Dead!

Yeah, he finally got me.

I gotta tell you, it's been exhausting. I was about ready to give up; this city isn't made for this game, or maybe it's the format - but I woke up at 5am this morning planning to go BACK out, again, to stalk my target. I just couldn't do it. I was too tired from lack of sleep, and all I could think was "it just ain't worth it."

I made a half-hearted attempt to stake out her job after work, but after a half hour I just shrugged and said "screw this, i'm going home."

Straight home, no misdirection. I did cut through the long way inside the building, just in case - and there's a woman sitting in my laundromat, reading a book. Waiting. So I shot her. She didn't even have time to pull out the watergun she'd had her hand on, hidden. We laughed...and I was a little disappointed, to tell you the truth.

Well, no worries - turns out the original stalker still hadn't died, and he was ready this time. I think he threw about six water balloons at me, none of which actually hit me but the water splatter was enough to take me out.

Hallelujah!

We laughed, shared some stories while I told him how I avoided him all week. Cool guy, and the girl was kinda cute herself. When we broke apart, I said "I'm glad, it means I can finally get some sleep!" He sympathized.

What's funny is that after today he was also considering giving up; it's just taking up too much time, and to honest we've all got jobs.

I like the concept, I do - but the execution is missing something. If I had the capital, I'd do my own version of the game but make it more...involved.

But I admit, I got a thrill out of it. Will I do it again next year?

Probably not.

No comments: