Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bejewels Are A Girl's Best Friend

I have to give this guy some serious kudos for a very interesting way to propose to his girlfriend.

As found in Yahoo! news (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_programmer_proposal):
Bernie Peng reprogrammed Tammy Li's favorite video game, "Bejeweled," so a ring and a marriage proposal would show up on the screen when she reached a certain score.

Li reached the needed score — and said yes.

The reprogramming was a tricky task and took him a month.

This was pretty cool, in a dorky sort of way. However, it begs the question:

What if she sucked at the game?

Bernie Mac there programmed it to a "certain score"; I'd love to know what that score was. Did he set the bar low, making sure she'd get it? Or did he decide to draw it out a bit, give her a high score to reach - so that she'd get that extra surprise when she won?

Can you imagine if she DIDN'T reach the score? "Umm...honey...don't you want to play Bejeweled tonight?"

"Nah I'm SO over that game. I got sick of it and deleted it from my phone."

"Nooooooooooooooooo...!"

Or worse, what if she was more offended that he HACKED her phone for this marriage proposal? "You trashed my game...for this?! No I'm not going to marry you!"

I've got another question. The article doesn't say...but did she get a REAL ring? Cuz if all she got was the virtual ring and she's still happy...

...does she have a sister?

No comments: