Thursday, April 03, 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name

....would still prick your finger and draw blood, right?

So why the name change? "Trick Shots" yesterday, "Dreamcatcher" in L33t-speak today. Hell I can take it further back, when it was once "Brainfarts du Jour", and before that "the Monkey House".

Evolution, that's why.

I'd ignored this blog-space for a while; I'd been turned off by some people and their response to the things I wrote. So the Drama! It beat on me, wore me down. Maybe I'm older, maybe I'm wiser, maybe I'm not really giving a flying fuck...but I miss writing here, even if it is irrelevant, irresponsible bullshit. See, I'm not writing for YOU, and by you I mean the collective YOU out there who may stumble across this speed bump on the information highway and decide to stop and take a photograph. No, I'm writing this for me.

Dreamcatcher is both a way for me to reconnect with the person I once was, and tie that in to the person I am today. The l33t-speak lettering is my way of saying that with Dreamcatcher, I'm going to tie in several different concepts: creativity (dreaming), technology (l33t d3wdz); spirituality.

And really it's just to fuck with your heads. I'm not writing it for you, but that doesn't mean I won't mess around with you while you're here. Sort of like that freak museum in the opening scene of House of 1000 Corpses. You think it's there for you to go in, gawk, and have a good time...but really it's a trap to sucker you into their little freakish world.

So. Welcome. Or not. Totally up to you.

No comments: