Friday, January 27, 2006

It's About Time!

Add this to my list of "must have" silly tech toys.

Talus is putting out a series of watches that...well, defy time. In a sense.

It's based on a premise that "time is not uniform, but flows from moment to moment". Instead of giving you an exact time you get: "A bit past 6", "Going on 6 fifteen"...I LOVE it!

Really, I haven't worn a watch in years except as ornamentation. I figure what's the point - I know what time it was when I left, I know roughly how long it takes to get where I'm going. If I'm running late, is knowing the time going to change that fact? No, it's just going to make me feel worse because I'll know exactly how late I am.

This way I get a watch that has the same nonchalant attitude I do. "Ehh...it's almost 2."

Now all it needs to do is talk. "So...whaddyoo wanna do?" "Dunno...whaddyoo wanna do?"

Fucking nirvana, man.

No comments: