Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wii Might Have Been Wrong About It

Okay, so maybe I wasn't on the mark with the whole Nintendo-bashing I did a few weeks or so ago. I'm still a Sony-whore, don't get me wrong - but the Nintendo Wii, despite it's stupid name (Revolution, baby!) the controller and games they're coming out for it might just bring Nintendo back to the forefront of the console wars.

The Wii is emphasizing gameplay and innovation in design over graphical power, which the XBox 360 and the Playstation 3 have in leaps and bounds over the Wii. But...I've been paying close attention to the whole wireless motion-sensitive controller thing, and I gotta admit it's got some pretty cool sex appeal.

Check out this commercial they've come up for its debut in Japan, and decide for yourself. Considering it'll be priced less than the XBox 360, probably around $250...I might just be going back to Nintendo. Sorry Sony.

No comments: