Monday, August 04, 2008

Out With The Old

Some of you more observant readers may have noticed that my archives have magically grown, considerably.

Before I joined the ranks of the blogspot elite, I was...a Myspace junkie. Yes, I admit it and I'm not ashamed; I'm over it, and now I host weekly meetings to help others deal with their self-abusive behavior.

However, during that shameful period I did quite a bit of blogging over there. And I realize...I don't want to lose those thoughts. I've looked for ways to easily import those files, but there aren't any.

So I'm manually doing it, one by one.

I grabbed a few from 2007, then skipped backwards. I'm nearly done with 2005. But it's somewhat gratifying, not only going back to see things I've written years ago, but also to know that in just a day or so I'll be able to completely delete that MyGhettoSpace page and forget it ever happened.

It's nothing personal against Myspace, but let's face it - it's a hookup spot, or a kid's hangout. Often both, which is really creepy but I'm just reporting the facts. I have no reason to be there other than to check up on my younger cousins who love the place, and while I do love them...I can't look at their profiles anymore. I can't believe how hoochie they can be, it's...disturbing.

But hey, they're young and allowed to be. So it's ME that needs to step out of the room, and let the kiddies have their fun.

No comments: